Tuesday, August 27, 2013

That Girl Good, She Got Talent

Shoutout to Bianca that I saw at Rudy's, one of my fave fried chicken eating joints while wearing this dress. She rolled down her window and told me that she loved my blog! #DayMade

Thought I would let y'all in on a few of my hidden talents...
 
Glasses: BonLook
Dress: ASOS
Belt: Thrifted
Bracelets: Forever 21, Sam Moon
Bag: Prada
Shoes: Jessica Simpson

I am a good chair dancer. I can dance SO freaking hard while sitting in the seat of my chair, you would think that I could be a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance. (Too far?) Ok, well I think that I could at least be "girl dancing in car" in a local singer's music video. And it's not that I can't dance standing up but I really get into my dance moves while I'm sitting down so much so that I make other drivers look over and laugh while I'm at stoplights. I know that they are probably thinking "WHAT is she listening to?" Hint: probably something ratchet.

I think I've said this before but I know stuff. Like random things. Someone may call me and ask, "What was the guy's name that was always selling stuff on Good Times?" and I'll reply without missing a beat "Lenny. His name is Len-nay. If he ain't got it, there ain't an-nay." Okay, Good Times is not a good example since I'm an aficionado but I am the one who broke the news to God's Favorite Shoes and her hubby that Colonel Taylor from A Different World used to be married to Aretha Franklin. Random right? Who knew?!? Don't ask me how I know that, I think I read it somewhere. #TeamTheMoreYouKnow
I have other hidden talents but I can't talk about them in mixed company. What are some of yours?

15 comments:

his_girl_friday said...

Colonel Taylor was married to Aretha Franklin? What?!

Rupali Online said...

Interesting read

YoyosFashions said...

Love this look!! Gorgeous dress!!

Tammie S. said...

This could be due to my shopping addiction but I am a finder of things...want a dress to wear to a party? pair of mustard pumps? a plus-sized fit and flare dress? I find stuff because I'm always in the store and tell my friends where they can get it or get it for them...I'm also wordy...How I write on my blog is how I really talk..People have told me I should write a book..

Carmesha said...

You definitely blew my mind with that Colonel Taylor/Aretha Franklin fact lol. I am great at remembering names of celebrities. Whenever I'm watching a commercial, I find myself yelling out "hey that is so-and-so" and giving a rundown of every movie they have been in while my fiance stares at me like I'm crazy.

Corie said...

I do love your dress. I love how vibrant the colors are. The print is awesome! ASOS has the best items.

just mignonne said...

Love your dress. Kinda has an African/Nigerian vibe. My odd talent is that my mind is always on proofread mode. I catch so many typos in both private and public literature, it's crazy. I even catch spelling errors or print errors in novels I read. Try hard not to be too jealous, okay? :) Mignonne.

Juanette said...

Lol thanks yall, Mignonne I thought I could do that too but I'll sometimes catch an error in one of my old posts and think "Why didn't I catch that?!"

Tammie, I'm a finder too (or if i can't find it I think that I can find it on Pinterest lol)

KayMichelle said...

Girl you are such a friend in my head! I'm a fellow teacher who loves fashion and beauty (especially obsessed with natural hair ANYTHING!), is also continuously amused by the behavior of the male species and a Good Times expert who loved me some Lootay Len-nay! My hidden talent is hearing AND singing things in songs (instruments, ad libs, etc) that no one else seems to hear until I point it out!

Ms. Tee said...

Loooooove that dress! I did not know that tidbit about Colonel Taylor.

Ticka said...

Love that dress!! The colors and the pattern are just perfect!!

And I remember Lenny!! Ahhhhhh Good Times! Did you know that I lived in the Cabrini Green housing project until I was around 8 years old? Probably not, but I just del like sharing, so there you go! lol!

One of my hidden talents is avoiding drama. I'm so serious about this. I'm forever hearing about things that happened to people after I left. I swear, I can feel it coming on, I assess the situation, and I get the heck outta dodge!! I'll get a call the next day like, "Guuuurrrrrrlllll, right after you left, so-and-so got punched in the face & the police showed up!!" I just shake my head and say, "Y'all better get like me!!" HA!!

Does that count?

Yonkie said...

THAT'S ME! Is it weird that I was a little starstruck? Getting fried chicken was never so thrilling!

Unknown said...

AMAZING amazing dress! Absolutely love it!

Juanette said...

Lol Ticka!!! You are a "get the hell outta dodge before something pops off" expert! GTHODBSPOE!!!! Hilarious! That made me laugh, thanks so much!

Unknown said...

That is a very beautiful dress...curvyreport.blogspot.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin