Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mike Jones

 My love life goes through cycles. Right now I'm in what I like to call the "Mike Jones cycle."

 

As in "Back then they didn't know me, now I'm hot they all on me."

You know the cycle. When the should have been your boo, could have been your boo, former boos and potential boos all call, text or email around the same time. They guy you thought you'd never hear from again, the one you wondered what your kids would look like, the tall one(!), the one who makes you laugh, they come a-callling. And a-texting. They tell you they've been thinking about you, they ask you out, they wanna come see you, they want you to come see them, be their baby mama should have been their baby mama and so on....

But I've learned that this is just a temporary high. This cycle will come to an end and I'll be calling AT&T soon enough to see if my phone is still in service.
 And after all of this is over I just want my focus on one boo. I'm not greedy...
 
But right now I'll just enjoy the ride....


Jacket: Marshalls
Sweater: Marshalls
Mens Shirt: Thrifted
Sweater tights: H&M
Boots: Target

Has anyone else experienced the Mike Jones cycle of love?

11 comments:

Tammie S. said...

HELL YAH!
Walking away is hard too cause its not often that I meet soneone I really like.
I love this whole ensemble...When I saw you on my blogger dashboard I had to stop in and say "Hey..." and when I read the title I thought..."WHO?! Mike Jones!!!" Ok, Im gone...*giggles*

Ebony said...

Can't say that I have but you enjoy the ride! Find your boo girl. I am so homesick and just had to read when I saw the title of your post. Just hilarious! The Mike Jones cycle of love. Ha ! I think that is an appropriate name for it. Whatever happened to old Mike Jones?

Unknown said...

I've experienced that cycle, in my love life, but also in friendship. It definitely comes and goes, so surely enjoy the ride. Fell free to send me that jacket and those pants too, lol.

I wanna be fierce said...

Very funny title. I think everyone has experienced this cycle sometime or another. But on to your outfit. Love the entire look!

-Shakiyla

YoyosFashions said...

Cute look!! Love those tights!!

GirlsAreDolls said...

Cool Look :)

Simplybee said...

Gurl you're beautiful fly & highly intelligent! Ride the wave! Like I tell most of my wanna be suitor's. GET YOUR LIFE! They ain't ready for the realness! & I'm way too old to breast feed! Lol so I wait!:-) hopefully we wont be meeting at the senior center!

Unknown said...

All I can say is yes, yes, yes to this look!! I love everything about it especially that green jacket and the tights!!




Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Chioma said...

you look so cute! i so thought of "who, mike jones??", i hope your boo finds you soon!

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style

LA Lynn's said...

LOL @ the blog title... I couldn't HELP but to say? WHO!!!!! Mike Jones... LOL!!!!

The Outfit is HAUTE!!!!!

Xoxo
Lynn

Justme_Kellie said...

Yasss!! I've experienced that...however..right now..i'm in the cycle of getting ready to call sprint to see if my phone is still in service!! Love life = *flatline* Enjoy the ride and I love, love, love the green overcoat!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin