Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Fast & The Furious

Things have been crazy busy in my life as of late.



But I still try to find the time to laugh a little, curse a little (don't judge me) and pray a lot.
 

 
Maintaining my workout schedule has been a lesson in willpower and I've kept my committment of three days a week so far. Some days I want to come straight home and hop in the bed but I always tell myself "It's only an hour" and I go. Plus there's nothing like a little booty popping in hip hop class to make a girl feel better!
 


Earrings: Target
Shirt: Forever 21
Vest: Old Navy
Skirt: Old Navy
Bracelets: H&M, Forever 21, InPink
Shoes: Michael Kors

I've been debating about wearing my Jimi Hendrix tee to work with a blazer. I am pretty sure the students are gonna ask who he is and I don't want to have to tell them he died of a drug overdose.
What say you? Do Jimi or not? I say it could serve as a cautionary tale but that's just me.

8 comments:

Tammie S. said...

I say do it! They may not even notice...annnd you're an educator so thy can get a history lesson out the deal. You can leave out the part about the OD and that he burned his guitar in concert...Btw I love your hair and this outfit is slammin!

Unknown said...

Fab mixing

keiranzma said...

I would totally wear it. If they do ask, you can focus on his revolutionary style and contribution to music and also maybe cite modern artists who were obviously influenced by him- Prince, etc. If they ask how he died, be honest, but also use that as a cautionary tale...

keiranzma said...

oh and verrrry cute outfit!

Unknown said...

Love the strip combo with the vest! Very cute! I agree wear the tee with blazer, I love a retro tee dressed up!

Unknown said...

Great mixing of colors here, very cute look!!

I think the Jimi tee is fine and if they ask his history can be told of as a cautionary tale of how to not end up. Plus, they know enough of that stuff anyway I am sure. Or that part can be left out if no ever asks!! ;-)



Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Simplybee said...

Luv the outfit! I was just looking at the skirt today & was wondering what I would pair it with! Lol. Rock the tee & give the kids the waterdown version if they ask!! :-)

Kerissa said...

Do. I wore mine during Black History month & the man child wore John Coltrane. If they asked I have them a mini lesson. If they didn't, I kept it stylish and moving (:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin