Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Empire State of Mind

"In New Yorrrrrkkk. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of!"
New York was....everything. I feel as though I have met a new friend, I can't get it off my mind.

1. Hanging at the airport. 2. View from the flight. 3. View of the city from the hotel. 

New York was even more than I imagined it to be. I loved everything about it. It enamored me.

I didn't concentrate on taking outfit photos because I wanted to focus more on soaking up the city. It was important to me to remember everything how I saw it instead of taking photos of myself.
 
 
Fashion Night Out (From top left): 1. Me and a model that we met getting off  the train. She was from L.A. and super nice. 2. View of Rockefeller Center. 3. The cutest kid ever, her name was Zoey and her and daddy were looking fly. 4. H&M on 5th Avenue.
(Clockwise From Top Left): 1. Guys performing in the subway...they were awesome! 2. Street vendor selling fur coats, I love it. 3. A pirate. On stilts. And no one blinks an eye. 4. View going down to the train.
 
New York is a tricky devil, it tried to chew me up and spit me out with it's hot subways, confusing street signs and mile long blocks but I rallied and said "Take that, take that!" (In Diddy voice.) What I loved most about New York: No one ever questioned my "I Keeps It Grimey Tee"! I received lots of compliments on it. My next tee will be "I Effs Wit New York." Bet.
I also loved the fact that the men of NYC seemed to love them some me! Men were not afraid to start a conversation which is a welcome departure from Texas. Men were flirting and chatting me up and I was thinking "Now THAT'S what I'm tawking bout!"
 
So thank you New York. For giving me exactly what I needed.
New York gets me. And I get New York.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved this post and love NY! Glad you had a fabulous time!

LBDH

Candice said...

Your blog is seriously a breath of fresh air! I love your voice, it's raw; you are just dope girl! Keep doing what you doing. Be blessed and nothin' less!

Unknown said...

I should've come looking for you and gfs!! I hope you had some good eats while you were here!!!

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Hey Juanette!

I am too through! I never saw yours nor Reiko's post about you coming to NYC (I found out through Miss Musing's FB post, I took a blog hiatus)! I'm so upset I missed you guys! Glad that you had fun in the Big Apple! I see you even made the trip to Jersey City! (I know that train station!) Come back soon and hit me up on email, we'll really paint the town then!

Love the pics!

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Can you tell I was excited for you? With all the !!!!!'s?

lol! : )

7eventh Letter said...

Looks like you had a blast!!!! I love the recap!!!!

7eventh Letter
www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin