Monday, August 15, 2011

In The Fashionista's Closet: Friends With Benefits


I am finally able to enjoy my weekends since I've quit my part time job and it has been such a blessing at the right time. I want to be able to concentrate on getting ready for the school year and this is just what I need, TIME! I have to say that this has been a wonderful weekend filled with lots of laughs, sangria and late nights.

I have been able to hang out with lots of my friends lately and I have a hearty laugh when I think about the types of friends that I have...

The Hype Man - Your "hype man" is the friend that no matter the situation they are gonna hype you up and get your adrenaline pumping. "Girl, YES you look hot in that dress!" even when you've gained a few pounds. But be wary of the hype man, because sometimes they are so busy hyping you up, they aren't telling you the truth. "You SHOULD wear those leggings as pants with a short top, everybody's doing it!" I know one girl whose hype man goaded her into getting into a fight while at a club and when she turned around, the hype man was nowhere to be found. Ummm hmmmm.....


The Cheerleader -The cheerleader is different from the hype man because they really want what's in your best interest. They will show up to cheer you on as you run the marathon and hold you up when you get a cramp and have to stop.They will pick you up from the airport with flowers in hand after a failed attempt to join the circus or pick you up when your car's been towed (that really happened) and never say "I told you so."



The Angel - The angel is the friend who holds you accountable. They will tell you when you are wrong in no uncertain terms and you can't seem to be able to keep "the dirt" from them because you forgot you didn't tell them the whole story of your weekend ratchetness. The Angel will normally tell you to pray for the person who is giving you the biggest headache because they are damaged and you do and you feel better. Angels are definitely good to keep around to keep you in check. 

 The Comedian - The comedian might not be able to bail you out of jail but will make you laugh when you call them collect and then you'll chuckle afterward as they remind you about the episode of The Boondocks when Tom was afraid of going to jail. (I was going to link it but I just can't, you'll have to look it up on your own but I wwwwaaarrrrnnneeeeddd you.) Comedians remind us not to take life too seriously and will usually do anything for a laugh.

Sunglasses: Forever 21
Dress: Gifted by Reiko
Belt: Thrifted
Bangles: Assorted
Sandals: Target

The Loyalist - The Loyalist is your friend since 3rd grade, your road dog you met in college, or your Sister From Another Mister who will swear on a stack of Bibles that you were together when the robbery took place and that is NOT you on the surveillance tape, it's just someone who looks like you who got into a car that looks just like yours with your specific license plate. Loyalists are truly your ride or die friends, who will sneak out of bed to hear your latest escapade instead of waiting til morning for the whole story. Please get a Loyalist if you don't already have one.

Which friend are you?

20 comments:

LV said...

Great post! I think its safe to say that to some degree, we all have a tiny bit of each of those in us. I love your dress and the pop of orange. You look gorgeous!

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

GFS said...

Great Post Juanette! LOL...I know I'm not the angel that's for sure!

The dress looks fab! I thought you would have put the crinoline under it by now..but it is 465343 degrees huh.

SAT said...

Great post. I love the dress.
I know these people and I am actually a couple of them myself.
-Sonya

Anonymous said...

I'd love an angel beside me.Love the shades. Simple and chic dress, love the orange belt with it.

Anonymous said...

That orange belt was a fantastic choice. It looks great with that dress!

Toria said...

I would say that I am the angel and the loyalist, since I have known all my friends for years and years now.

The dress fits you nicely and your bun is pretty! :)
~Toria

Anonymous said...

I agree wtih LV, I am definitely a little angel, a little hype man, a little cheerleader, but definitely a loyalist! Ahem, you and Reiko need to add me into the sistafromanothermista clan! I love that dress!

Unknown said...

I am definitely the loyalist of all!! IF I ask my friends I have no doubt they would say the same!!

LJoyner said...

I enjoy your blog so much!! I'm glad things are going in your favor!! You are so awesome!!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Can I be a combo of all of them. haha
Love that dress and your high bun is so pretty.
Congrats again on the teaching job, that must feel wonderful! Can't wait to hear some student tales again.

Jazz said...

I love this post and that dress! You look fabulous (as always!)

I'd say I'm probably 'the loyalist' but glad that I have one or more of these friends. ;0)

hahahaha that episode of the Boondocks is hella funny!

Ms. Tee said...

I'd like to think I am a Loyalist mixed with Angel. Unfortunately, I don't think too many Loyalists are around nowadays. You SHOULD have lined the Boondocks episode with Tom afraid of being...ah, never mind! LOL! Cute dress! Love how you accessorized it! I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I have to return to work in a couple of weeks...good luck this year!

Olori SWANK said...

Love the dress! Cute outfit!!

OloriSWANK.com

Barbara von Enger said...

I am a marriage of both. You look so pretty in that dress and I adore the introduction of colour with the belt. Have a sweet day;-)

ashley said...

Such a cute outfit! I've ALWAYS wanted a dress like that but I haven't been able to find one that like. You look great as usual :)

ashley said...

Such a cute outfit! I've ALWAYS wanted a dress like that but I haven't been able to find one that like. You look great as usual :)

Katie Mac said...

Great post…I’m a loyalist mixed with a comedian! Very cute dress prefect for this Texas heat…

- Kimbunnii - said...

GORGEOUS Dress, I love the accessories too!

kariekimberly.blogspot.com

MsChayChay said...

nudes are my color this year and I LOVE the dress, the splash of orange with the dress is just perfect!

House of Brooke said...

Look FLAWLESS!

Post is true in many aspects. I think we all can (or should relate)
Veronique

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin