Monday, June 27, 2011

In The Fashionista's Closet: Fresh Eyes

I got a chance to hang out with my partner in crime, my ace, my Sister From Another Mister, Reiko aka God's Favorite Shoes this weekend which wasn't really enough time for all of our hijinks and we took NO photos together *insert sad face* so there's no evidence of us even being together except for random Facebook posts and tweets. But we did go to her our family reunion and bonded over raiding my closet. 
Remember this crop top? Well I found the skirt to it recently at the thrift store and showed it to Reiko. The skirt was waaaaaayyyyy too small but I figured I could do something with the fabric. Reiko looked at it and immediately said, "Wear it as a top. With a belt." I don't know what her standardized test scores were but I'm pretty sure this girl's a genius. 


So I did.


I pinned the skirt-as-top and added this elephant belt and paired it with some cutoffs. I KNOW! I'm officially a shorts wearer. Stop asking yourself "WHEN is she gonna stop taking pics on her balcony?" It's really Hades hot outside and I just can't muster up the strength to take my setup to a more appealing location in this heat. I'll do better, I promise!

Earrings: Forever 21
Skirt (worn as a top): Thrifted
Elephant head belt: Thrifted
Cut offs: Levi's button fly (Old)
Bag: Kooba
Wedges: Dolce Vita for Target

Sometimes it takes a pair of fresh eyes to give new life to an item...

19 comments:

Style & Poise said...

Gorgeous top...great idea to turn that skirt into a top...I would've never known! Very Cute outfit!!!

Roni

Fashion Means Everything said...

wonderfull

Tonia Lee Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tonia Lee Smith said...

Yes Agreed wearing the skirt as a top, genius.

PeculiarRoyalty said...

i never would have known i do this all the time. I love it as a top the color and style is amazing.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Love the top!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Really good idea because the pattern is beautiful.

GFS said...

And to think this top almost became a pillow case!

I needed more time to svavenge your closets but I'll be back. I'll be back!

*now do the Halle Berry*

You looked superb chica!

Debz Salazar said...

Ughhh this outfit is toooo caute!! I want that belt!!


http://themanetopic.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Super cute! Ya'll have me wearing quite a few skirts as dresses or tops!

House of Brooke said...

gr8 idea!
u look gr8 2!

Audrey...Miss Moon's Musings said...

I am saying, Reiko needs to teach a Learning Annex course or something!!!

laniza said...

This shade of purple is so pretty on you. Team Reiko!!

LA Lynn's said...

This look is FLAWLESS on you!!!!! And, I'm sooo glad you got a chance to hang out with Reiko!!!! Sound like you ladies made the best of it!!!!

t. Drenice said...

this patterned skirt paired with the elephant belt is most def haute!
using skirts as tops is a savior in book for more reasons than one.

tdrenice.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

Dang nabbed that outfit is cute!!!! It's so cute, I think it made me mad. LOL

Kerissa said...

You two are soooo funntie! You can take pictures anywhere when you look so fliii and can turn a skirt into a top effortlessly. Just gotta warn you I'm cheering those shorts on since I'm a new shorts lover/wearer myself.

Kyla said...

I can't imagine this skirt worn any other way. It looks awesome! There must be something in the air this, because I've been wearing shorts a lot, too! Actually, I've probably worn shorts more this year than the last 15 years COMBINED!!!

Dhalia Edwards said...

This is SUPER cute...Love it.

Dhalia

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin