Monday, September 27, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: Thrills and Chills

I know I owe you some pics so here are some recent thrift finds and some of my loot from Reiko from The Thrifting Challenge. Some of my things are at the dry cleaner so no pics until they come back.

 Found this silk jacket at a new thrift store I found with a friend for $1.99. The pickings were slim on other items though.

Dress from Reiko (definitely a Willona from Good Times dress)

 Silk top from Reiko, it has a tie at the neck. Found this animal print belt at my fave thrift store for $3
 

Ralph Lauren military style jacket $9



Another Willona dress from Reiko, it has small gold designs on it. Paired with my great thrifted belt.

I quit my second job today. 

I got my first full check on Friday and found out that the commission process was not fully explained to me (not sure if it was deliberate) by both the district manager and manager and I wanted to cry. Working 25 to 30 hours a week on top of my full time job for what turned out to be minimum wage is not a good time in my book. But working 10 am to 6 pm on Saturday with no lunch and no breaks was the final straw. It had happened on two other occasions and I attributed it to poor time management but I realized that this seemed to be the norm instead of an exception. I told the manager that I wanted to make that my final day and she asked me to think about it and that she didn't want to lose me. But after taking into account my sore swollen right foot from being on my feet so much, the gas I was using to go to a job that I was being paid minimum wage for and not being able to see my friends or family because I was always working, I decided to go ahead and quit. I no longer want to be taken for granted and "suck it up," I want to set a standard for how I want to be treated both in my personal and professional life.

I know my worth and what I bring to the table so I won't let others diminish that.....
Annnnnndddd here's a little something to help you get your mojo working:
 

6 comments:

~L~ said...

"I know my worth and what I bring to the table so I won't let others diminish that....."
AMEN to that one. You have to know your worth unless people will take every oppurtunity to use you as much as they can.

and those are some great thrift store finds....i love the willona dresses :-)

~L~
www.AvidAccents.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Good for you for quitting that job, honestly. Employers get away with that shit because people put up with it, so you're doing a disservice to yourself AND others by allowing them to think it's OK.

GFS said...

Okay...

1. I'm glad that you liked the thrifted items I sent you.

2. Those sleeves on that first jacket make me sing with glee.

3. Why did I play that video "Boogie Nights" and was mesmerized by the turban that the leader singer was rocking!?!?

4. Do they feel more or less like a man when they had to wear those outfits?

Dhalia Edwards said...

Well said about deminishing your worth.

Love that military jacket

Juanette said...

Thanks L and Sara for the affirmation, I feel I did the right thing, it wasn't worth it in my opinion.

Coy Fallacy said...

i love that military jacket. i love the pinky dress. i have got to get my A-game together on broadening my shopping horizons on my thrift stores.

http://coymisconception.blogspot.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin