Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Overall Overhaul?

Overalls are back. Or trying to be anyway. I have seen them (and averted my eyes) to the bib fronts mocking me as I try to find clothing that will suit my shape, not make me look as though I should be shoveling manure. You see, I am a recovering overall-ic. Back in the '90's I begged for and finally got some cropped Girbaud denim overalls that were so big I could take them off without unhooking the straps. But I was hip, I was fly, I was P-H-A-T. And looked F-A-T because of the boxy look and oversized shape.


*sigh*


This style is more reminiscent of doing your Spring cleaning or helping someone move. Comfy but not flattering (look how wide her waistline looks.)


These are a more updated version from asos. What is your style verdict, did you participate in this trend and are you willing to say Hello Again to overalls?

3 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

Oh boy...I guess everything has to make a comeback at least once. But that is the beauty to being a fashionista...you don't have to be a slave to trends; your personal style should accentuate your look.

I'll take a pass on the overalls...it doesn't suit my style at all! LOL :)

Paula D. said...

I was wondering why I saw Nia Long wearing a pair recently at a basketball game. Hopefully this won't last long.

I used to own a white Guess jumper......in 8th grade!

Anonymous said...

Noooo... please avoid. The ASOS ones are particularly hideous. They're really not attractive in any way - I've tried and failed before. Too masculine, I think. I-S-F
http://international-style-and-fashion.blogspot.com/

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin