Monday, March 05, 2007

Found! Wide Leg denim

I was catching up on my Tivo'ed Oprah's this weekend and saw an interview that Oprah did with comedian Chris Rock, his wife, Malaak Compton Rock and their daughters, Zhara and Lola. I fell in love with the jeans that Malaak Compton Rock wore on the show and did a mad search for a similar pair of dark denim wide leg jeans. I was unable to find a picture of the pair that Malaak was wearing on the show but I did happen to find some great Paige jeans from Neiman Marcus. I can see these with a fitted white shirt, colorful heels or sandals and a great bag or clutch.


Paige "Hillcrest jeans $198 at Neiman Marcus






Nevis brown clutch $58 at Amici Accesories; White camp shirt $38 at Victoria's Secret; Bandolino green slingback peeptoe $70 at Piperlime


Liv Tyler takes the casual approach to wide leg denim



7 comments:

Unknown said...

those are cute! i scored a pair from jc penney a few months ago for $4. i still haven't worn them yet, though

Anonymous said...

I was at the taping of the Oprah WInfrey show when Chris Rock and his family was there and I thought his wife looked really plain and dowdy. She is a very pretty woman tho.

Hi cheap chica! I'm headed for your site next! I'm the person who bought the old navy dress for a penny.

Juanette said...

I LOVED the jeans, I wasn't feeling the jacket and shirt underneath. And HOW did you find a dress for a penny?!?! That's the most serious discount I've ever heard of, lol!

Anonymous said...

Those wide leg denims are on point. I was scared at 1st cause I'm short. But, Express had a deal- try on any wide leg pants (denim or slacks)- receive $10 off your purchase, whether you buy wide legs or not. Well, I ended up buying a pair- $50-before I went to Vegas for NBA All-Star wkend...heels & all...cute!! Oh, the camp shirt is cute on. I have it in Yellow...

Ms. Tee said...

I like these...all stores should have them, and BURN the flare legged jeans!

Anonymous said...

TO JNETTB:

My "penny dress" from Old Navy is a black strapless dress. I call it a fluke, a ghetto blessing from God. I was shopping for some skinny jeans for 9 bucks becuz Cheap Chica had on her site abut this girl who found some at Old Navy for that price - I I couldn't find them and happened to be looking thru the clearance rack and came across this black strapless dress I saw on Old Navy website. I knew it was going to be at least 12 bucks pr more on sale becuz it's a popular style. I looked at the red tag and saw 0.01. I thought it was a mistake and asked 3 sales clerks was this for real. The last one checked the price at the register, and sure enuf, it was a penny! They must have priced it to get rid of their stuff they really wanted out the store and this was a complete give away!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute. I'm under 5 feet tall. Could you recommend any stores where I would be able to find a pair?

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin